One Of My Favourite Parts Of Our House

Thursday 28 January 2016




I thought I'd share a photo that I recently posted on my Instagram which had a lot of response. The photo shows a part of our house which I love, especially when the sun is shining through.

This piece of gorgeous art is a handmade 3-dimensional art collage and hangs at the end of our staircase. It symbolises what my husband loves and what he does for a living. His love for cinema, film and video production.

We bought this piece in Portugal after our wedding. Let's say it was a wedding present to ourselves. We always love buying bits together for our love nest. Especially pieces which symbolise 'us' and this piece has my husbands name all over it

The collage is from a shop called A Loja Do Gato Preto. It is an amazing shop and we always say if we were to buy a place in Portugal we would definitely furnish the whole place with their pieces. 

So as I was saying, the camera is not drawn, but a collage made up of magazine and newspaper cuttings. It's truly an amazing piece of work and so beautiful to admire. I sometimes find myself just reading the newspaper cuttings. It's so interesting to just look at. I feel like these is always a new cutting which I haven't seen before. Truly amazing.

Also, don't you just love box frames? I think they are great and really make the picture pop.

Lots of Love x








1 comment:

  1. This is actually a lovely section of your house (Although all of your house looks lovely) I can't believe I didn't spot this last time I was round! I love it!! xx

    LAURA THINKS ABOUT BLOG

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)